Raw Blueberry Coconut Cheesecake Squares
It’s not very often that I create recipes without using chocolate or cacao. Personally I just never think a dessert is as satisfying if it doesn’t involve a decent amount of chocolate. However, I know that there are some people out there who like their desserts more fruity, and that aren’t crazy about chocolate (which I don’t really understand, but I do try to accept it ;)). These blueberry cheesecake shares are the perfect little treat after dinner, or even as a snack in between meals. The recipe can be made both as squares or as an actual cake. It can be frozen and then eaten straight out of the freezer- or you can serve them half-frozen. As you can see from the pictures I did decorate the squares with some melted raw chocolate- I just couldn’t be completely chocolate-free (please forgive me). Though keep in mind that the melted chocolate on top is an optional, though recommended, addition. Dried coconut flakes, blueberries or even chopped nuts and seeds would also make wonderful and delicious toppings.
1 cup coconut flakes
1 cup cashews
1 cup pitted dates
2 cups cashews (soaked for a few hours)
2/3 cup rice malt syrup
2/3 cup water or raw nut milk
juice of one lemon
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
a pinch of sea salt
a few handfuls fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Place all ingredients for the crust in a food processor and process until everything as well mixed and sticks together.
2. Press the dough into a lined tin and set aside.
3. Blend all the ingredients, except blueberries, in a high speed blender. Add more water of needed, though use as little as possible, as you want the result to be a very thick (yet smooth) cream.
4. Drizzle about half of the blueberries on top of the crust. Add the other half to the cream and stir them in by hand.
5. Pour the cream over the crust and spread out evenly. Set the cake in the freezer to set for at least 4 hours.
6. Before serving: remove the cake from the tin and slice into squares/cake slices. Decorate with melted raw chocolate or anything else you might have on hand. Let the slices defrost for 15-30 minutes prior serving. Bon apetit!