Raw Double Chocolate Cookies
I love cookies. I always have, and I probably always will. Some of my earliest food memories involve eating cookies at the beach during the summer in Norway. Back then, I was all about cookies filled with jam or vanilla cream. They were like the ‘thing’ at the time, which meant that if you didn’t have those cookies, perhaps you only had regular cookies with no jam and no cream, you simply weren’t as cool. I mean, no one wants to swap cookies with a girl whose cookies are just plain and simple (I was usually the girl with the plain cookies. I know. Growing up is pretty rough). The cookies I’m sharing with you today doesn’t have jam in them. And they have no cream either. But I can assure you that they’re far from plain. What these cookies do have, however, is chocolate. They are basically chocolate cookies with chocolate chunks, drizzled with melted chocolate on top. Sounds legitimate, right?
For this recipe you will need:
1 cup raw cashews
10 pitted medjool dates
2 tbsp cacao powder
1/4 tsp raw vanilla powder
pinch of sea salt
1/3 cup + 1/4 cup raw chocolate chunks, divided
Blackberries, for garnish and decoration
1. Place cashews, dates, cacao powder, vanilla and salt in a food processor.
2. Process until everything sticks well together, and there are no large pieces left.
3. Add in 1/3 cup of chocolate chunks, and process for a few seconds to mix them into the dough.
4. Shape cookies out of the mixture and palce them on a lined tray.
5. Melt the remaining chocolate chunks on very low heat. Drizzle the chocolate over the cookies. Decorate with blackberries.
6. Place the cookies in the refrigerator for at least an hour before eating. Will keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.